Frequently Asked Questions
How much do you charge per month to run a miner?
The hosting fee is based on kilowatt (kW) and it is $102 USD for hosting a kW monthly. There is a minimum of hosting 10kw monthly. The hosting fee includes security, monitoring, facility rental fee,electricity, Internet, and cooling.
Some examples are as follows:
- Bitmain Antminer S9: ~1.4 kW → $142.8 USD/Month (188.98 CAD/Month)*
- Bitmain Antminer D3: ~1.2 kW → $122.4 USD/Month ($155.12 CAD/Month)*
- Bitmain Antminer L3+: ~0.85 kW → $86.7 USD/Month ($109.88 CAD/Month)*
What are the hosting packages and what is included?
- This is a reservation for a hosting contract in one of our Mining Centers
- Miner Hosting USD/CAD:
- $98.63 USD/kW + $31.55 USD setup fee (one-time) → $130.18 USD ($165.06 CAD)*
- Antminer S9:$98.63 USD @ 1.4kW + $31.55 USD setup fee (one-time) → $169.63USD ($215.08 CAD)*
- Antminer L3+:$98.63 USD @ 0.85kW + $31.55 USD setup fee (one-time) → $115.38 USD ($146.30 CAD)*
- Antminer D3:$98.63 USD @ 1.2kW + $31.55 setup → $149.90 ($190.07 CAD)*
- Miner Hosting USD/CAD:
What is included in the setup fee?
- Unboxing, setup and provisioning of miner
- Internet access
- Ambient cooling
- PDUs (Power distribution units)
- All switching and routing equipment
- Ethernet and Powering Cable
- You may always use your pool of choice when mining with us
What are your prices per kilowatt hour (kWh)?
- On average S9 units cost approximately $0.19 per kWh*
- On average L3+ units cost approximately $0.12 per kWh*
What is a kilowatt-month (kW-month)?
- A kilowatt is 1000 watts or 1000 joules/second. A kilowatt-month is 1000 watts used (constantly) over the period of a month.
Do you provide VPNs?
- On request we provide VPNs to clients who host 150+ miners with our facilities
What forms of payment do you accept?
- Bitcoin Payments
- International wire transfer (please contact for details)
- All hosting services are provided at a minimum length of 1 year, with the first 3 months requiring payment upfront.
Is there an agreement to sign?
- Yes, there is an agreement that must be signed to protect both the customers and ourselves
Are there duties?
- There is a 5% duty upon entering Canada
- There is also a 9.975% QST
- Clients are responsible for the payment of all relevant fees and taxes
Where are you based?
- We are based in Toronto, Canada. All Miners are set up in Quebec, Canada
Where are your data centers located?
- Our first data center (Block 1) is located in Baie-D’Urfé, Quebec, Canada
- Availability - SOLD OUT
- 500kW capacity sourced from hydroelectricity
- Our second data center (Block 2) is located in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, Quebec, Canada
- Availability - Now taking RESERVATIONS
- 2MW capacity sourced from hydroelectricity
Do I pay for shipping my miners to your data center?
- Yes, delivery of equipment will be made by the customer at their own risk.
How long does setup of miners take?
- Setup time ranges from as short as 1 day to 1 week depending on number of units being installed.
What is your uptime guarantee?
- 99.9% is our typical up-time.
- We offer refunds for months of service lower than 95% up-time if the downtime is due to our systems.
- Malfunction or broken miners will be returned to customers at our discretion and shipping is customers responsibility.
What is your capacity? Do you do work with large customers?
- We will accommodate MW+ customer sizes.
Can I host GPUs?
- Yes, however hosting GPUs is a custom request and will require you to contact us beforehand to discuss setup
Can I swap hardware mid-contract?
- We do not allow exchange of hardware mid-contract.
Do you provide power supplies?
- Customers are required to provide a power supply that is 80-Plus Gold rated with active power-factor-correction.
What happens after the contract ends?
- You may choose to renew your contract or have your miners shipped out of the facility
*Subject to change