Frequently Asked Questions
How much do you charge per month to run a miner?
The hosting fee is based on kilowatt (kW) and it is $102 USD for hosting a kW monthly. There is a minimum of hosting 10kw monthly. The hosting fee includes security, monitoring, facility rental fee,electricity, Internet, and cooling.
Some examples are as follows:
- Bitmain Antminer S9: ~1.4 kW → $142.8 USD/Month*
- Bitmain Antminer D3: ~1.2 kW → $122.4 USD/Month*
- Bitmain Antminer L3+: ~0.85 kW → $86.7 USD/Month*
What are your prices per kilowatt hour (kWh)?
- On average S9 units cost approximately $0.19 per kWh*
- On average L3+ units cost approximately $0.12 per kWh*
What is a kilowatt-month (kW-month)?
- A kilowatt is 1000 watts or 1000 joules/second. A kilowatt-month is 1000 watts used (constantly) over the period of a month.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- Bitcoin Payments
- International wire transfer (please contact for details)
- All hosting services are provided at a minimum length of 1 year, with the first 3 months requiring payment upfront.
Is there an agreement to sign?
- Yes, there is an agreement that must be signed to protect both the customers and ourselves
Where are you based?
- We are based in Toronto, Canada. All Miners are set up in Quebec, Canada
Do I pay for shipping my miners to your data center?
- Yes, delivery of equipment will be made by the customer at their own risk.
What is your uptime guarantee?
- 99.9% is our typical up-time.
- We offer refunds for months of service lower than 95% up-time if the downtime is due to our systems.
- Malfunction or broken miners will be returned to customers at our discretion and shipping is customers responsibility.
What is your capacity? Do you do work with large customers?
- We will accommodate MW+ customer sizes.
Can I host GPUs?
- No, we only accept ASICS miners
Can I swap hardware mid-contract?
- We do not allow exchange of hardware mid-contract.
Do you provide power supplies?
- Customers are required to provide a power supply that is 80-Plus Gold rated with active power-factor-correction.
What happens after the contract ends?
- You may choose to renew your contract or have it shipped out of the facility
Are there duties?
- There is a 5% duty upon entering Canada
- There is also a 9.975% QST
- Clients are responsible for the payment of all relevant fees and taxes
How long does setup of miners take?
- Setup time ranges from as short as 1 day to 1 week depending on number of units being installed.
*Subject to change